Terms and Conditions of Enrolment
- All membership fees include all scheduled lessons, tutorial sessions, ensemble rehearsals and performances as well as a new music diary each year, and a new music bag as required.
- Monthly payments are debited from your nominated credit card on the 1st of each month
- Your first payment will be a pro rated amount, and your ongoing payments will begin on the 1st of the following month
- A fee will be incurred for declined or expired cards
- No lesson will be provided unless payments are received.
- Please Note: Some schools charge an additional School Ensemble Levy (please see your school office regarding this fee)
- All students should have a good quality, well maintained instrument for use during lessons and for home practise.
Attendance & Missed Lessons
- Students are expected to attend every lesson. NO credits or refunds are offered for any lessons or rehearsals that are missed.
- Occasionally, DIM tutors are sick or unavailable for their teaching. In this situation, another approved DIM teacher may be arranged to teach the scheduled classes. There are no lesson credits available in this situation, and while we will do our best to notify you of any teacher change, this may not always be possible.
- If a suitable DIM teacher is not available for a scheduled lesson, the lesson will be cancelled and: Private Lessons: a credit/refund of $40 will be placed on your nominated card. Group Lessons: a make up session will be scheduled (subject to school approval)
- The minimum enrolment period is 3 months
- Cancellation of enrolment must coincide with the end of a school term, and must be communicated directly to the DIM office by email before the end of term.
- There are no refunds for cancelled memberships
- All students are required to bring their instrument and all relevant music to each lesson/rehearsal
- All students are expected to attend all scheduled rehearsals, tutorials and performances punctually.
- All students should allocate a reasonable amount of time each week for home practise on their instrument.
- All students are expected to behave appropriately during all scheduled lessons, rehearsals and tutorial sessions, and demonstrate the DIM Student Values in their actions
- Directions In Music teachers are responsible for their students during scheduled lesson, rehearsal and tutorial sessions only. We do not take responsibility for children outside of these times.
- Please notify the DIM office if your child has any special needs that may require addressing in relation to their lessons
Photography & Videos
- Occasionally we will use group photos or videos from concerts or other events on our social media and other advertising.
- We will always seek specific permission from parents if we are hoping to use photos of an individual student.
- Please let us know if you do not want your child photographed or videoed at all.
Couriers & Deliveries
- With the exception of bulk deliveries at the start of a school year, our teachers do not deliver or collect books, instruments or accessories to/from school or home addresses.
- Where delivery or pick up is required, a courier or postage fee is payable.