INSTRUMENT HIRE – Terms and Conditions
I hereby agree to hire a musical instrument made available by Directions In Music Pty Ltd, on the terms and conditions listed below.
- To provide a nominated credit card and I understand that monthly direct debit payments of $44 will be deducted from this card
- That a fee will be incurred for a declined or expired card
- That the initial hire period is for a minimum of one school term and that the initial lease payment includes an additional charge of $150 security deposit ($250 for saxophone or cello).
- That Instrument Hire can be CANCELLED at the end of any month (following the initial lease period of 1 school term). I understand that upon cancellation the instrument is to be returned to the Directions In Music Head Office, before the end of that month to avoid deduction of further payments
- To maintain the musical instrument in good working order and to return it in the same condition as when hired to me.
- That the musical instrument remains the property of Directions In Music Pty Ltd.
- That it has been recommended that I take out insurance for the musical instrument leased against fire, loss, theft and/or damage with a reputable and legally licensed insurer.
- Not to sell or offer for sale, assign, pledge, lend or otherwise deal with the musical instrument.
- That I am responsible for any loss or damage incurred to the musical instrument whilst in my possession.
- That Directions In Music Pty Ltd will be notified of any damage or loss to the musical instrument within a period of not more than 48 hours.
- That I will pay Directions In Music Pty Ltd for the cost of any repairs deemed necessary as a result of loss or damage incurred. Should the musical instrument be deemed not repairable or cannot be located, I will provide payment for the total value of the musical instrument. I understand that the value of the musical instrument or the value of any repairs required to the musical instrument will be assessed by Directions In Music Pty Ltd and that that assessment is the amount payable in accordance with this term and condition.
- That I will not attempt to repair or adjust the musical instrument myself.
- That if I commit any breach of these terms and conditions, Directions In Music Pty Ltd may, without notice, recover any of the amounts outstanding, resume possession of the musical instrument, and/or terminate this agreement.
- Directions In Music Pty Ltd reserves the right to vary the terms and associated fees related to this agreement. In such cases, notification of at least 30 days will be given to all lessees.
Option of Purchase/Special Considerations
I understand that:
- If I purchase my instrument at any time after the first 3 months, I will receive a credit of $132
- I can swap my STRING instrument for an equivalent instrument in a larger size at any time during the hire period
- Security deposit will be refunded upon satisfactory return of the instrument OR credited towards your instrument purchase
I acknowledge that under the Privacy Act 1988 the lessor is allowed to and may give to a credit reporting agency personal information contained in this application or otherwise acquired by the lessor concerning the conduct of my credit account. If and to the extent that the lessor does so in a manner and for purposes that conform with the Privacy Act I agree to the lessor obtaining information about my commercial activities and commercial credit worthiness from a business which provides information about the commercial credit worthiness of persons and to the lessor using that information in assessing my application for credit. If and to the extent that the lessor does so in a manner and for the purposes that conform with the Privacy Act I also agree to the lessor giving to and receiving from any credit providers named in this credit application and any credit providers named in a credit report issued by a credit reporting agency, information about my credit arrangements, provided that the information is given or received to asses an application for credit made by me to the recipient credit provider or to asses my credit worthiness. I acknowledge that, subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act, the lessor may disclose to any person any information concerning a credit facility granted to me or the conduct of that credit facility.